In view of our vision, Umed is undertaking and implementing the following Programmes. 1. Vocational Jobs: We have various Vocational training for disabled persons and vocational activities such as making the host, candles with various designs and shapes, flowers, rosaries, jewellery, paper plates and recycled paper bags which are sold to our clients. We also undertake work for small scale factory products such as hair clips etc. Gardening and cleaning the centre is a regular activity.
2. Tapping Government Grants and Welfare Schemes: Aim: To tap available government schemes for as many differently abled adults as possible. Achievements: At present 350 adults are being helped under the scheme of Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana. 3. Empowerment through skills training: Adults with special needs are provided vocational training by our trained staff according to their capacity and interest that enables them to live as independently as possible. They also learn to travel unaccompanied. 4. Counselling and Guidance centre: For individuals to be understood by their parents, it is important that they are both guided properly. Therefore counseling sessions are held twice a week to help parents learn how to handle their children.
5. Socialisation and Seminars: All adults with special needs and their parents from Vasai, get an opportunity to come together through various seminars and workshops organized, which in turn enrich their knowledge, parenting skills and mutual interactions.
6. Holistic development: Umed centre conducts a daily morning prayer, organises videos and personality development talks and celebrates monthly mass for spiritual growth.
7. Cultural Programme: Umed Organises extra-curricular activities, outings and events. We also welcome visitors, who want to celebrate special occasions with us.
8. Friends of Umed: A dedicated band of volunteers takes up various programs and activities for the differently abled.
9. Internship Programme: Umed provides an internship for college students and various other groups.
We are looking for people who are ready to donate their time, such as:
- Technical Trainers
- Teachers Specialized in special education
- Medical Doctors
- Financial Support – The cheque is to be drawn in favour of ‘Umed’. Donations are exempted under section 80G of Income Tax Act.